Machine Operator Specialist - Relocation Assistance May Be Available to AZ
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
Copy and paste the video link below into your browser to hear from a few of our current manufacturing employees and why they love working at Shutterfly!
Reasons you'll love working at Shutterfly:
- Health & Safety is our top priority
- Competitive hourly pay and regular opportunity for Overtime
- Competitive Benefits starting on your first day of employment (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, Employee Assistance Program, and more)
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks accrued per year) & Paid Holidays
- On-the-job training and career development
- Annual Performance Reviews with opportunity for pay increases
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facilities
- Casual, relaxed attire
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
What you'll do here:
- Serve as the owner of equipment in the department, providing tech support, performing pit stops and preventative maintenance unassisted.
- Train other Operators and fill in for Leads as needed.
- Ensure JSA’s are accurate and up to date, including ongoing support and mentorship
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others, cross-functionally and act as a mentor on the team.
- Escalate for critical equipment & decision-making needs
- Safety Committee Participation
- Maintain confidentiality and strict compliance with the company’s security policy related to potential access to sensitive information
The skills you'll bring:
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve equipment issues as well as perform and document routine preventative maintenance, unassisted
- Basic understanding of the following principles: Pneumatics, Mechanical, PLC, ACDC Drives, Multimeter basics, Basic Electricity & Electronics, Lock Out Tag Out
- A methodical “procedure-oriented” approach to tasks and affinity for detail for quality control purposes
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment and must be willing to work on all shifts, as needed, stand for 12 hours+, lift up to 50 lbs., crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
It is helpful however not required to have:
- Highly skilled in operation of the following equipment:
- Bindery and Finishing equipment including Muller Martini (Acoro, Alegro, Diamant, Horauf, Vareo, Merit, Sigma), MBO cutters, Standard Horizon finishing equipment, LaserMax, and other equipment including UV Coaters, sewers, stitchers, cutters, laminators, etc.
- Digital Print/Press equipment including HP Indigo (10k, 12k 7600, W7250, WS6800p), HP T-410 or comparable variable, high speed printers (Xerox, Canon, Konica Minolta, etc.)