Sr. Software Engineer I
At Shutterfly, our purpose is to share life’s joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading platform for personalized products.
Shutterfly’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users will purchase personalized products. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas.
We are looking for exceptional backend engineers for our Marketing Data Platform team. The mandate for this team is to envision, develop, and manage the systems / workflows that enable Shutterfly to highly targeted customer communications and marketing flows at the right time with the right content. A huge challenge!
Given Shutterfly’s rare combination of an exceptional team of data scientists, a lot of data, and a very high revenue web and mobile e-commerce store with a sophisticated data engineering ecosystem, and a company-wide appreciation for the benefits of data, a huge opportunity for impact awaits!
- Debug, maintain and improve the backend infrastructure running on AWS.
- Analyze, design and develop scalable services and components in the AWS Cloud
- Design and build flexible pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies and modeling approaches
- Take full ownership of projects from conception through to production
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions
- Work with team members and other groups to achieve company goals
Skills And Qualifications
- B. Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related field
- Extensive background developing software
- Experience with CI/CD, terraform, Docker, Jenkins
- Extensive knowledge of code architecture and design patterns
- Experience designing and implementing distributed and scalable systems
- Experience with working on Linux OS, Scripting, Bash
- Are pragmatic and know how to ship high-value features quickly
- Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude and willing to have fun while working
Bonus points for:
- Experience in cloud computing and/or AWS services
- Participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge
- Experience developing and working with RESTful web services and client-server architectures