Software Engineer II
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
We are looking for a Software Engineer II to join our team! The Software Engineer II is a skilled technical member of a broader Engineering team. They are active in developing new applications and modifying existing computer information systems. This role is engaged throughout the application development lifecycle working to develop, test and support applications. The Software Engineer II implements business and technical requirements defined by the business, software architects and lead developer.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Codes, tests, and debugs software modules and user interfaces
- Troubleshoots and quickly solves problems found in a production environment
- Serves as a mentor to junior or offshore developers in technologies and system functionality
- Leverages and builds knowledge to act as a subject matter expert for parts of a system
- Safeguards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is always kept confidential
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years working with relational databases
- 3+ years working with REST API’s
- 3+ years working in a cross-functional agile environment
- 3+ years working with GIT, Bamboo, Bit Bucket and CI/CD pipelines
- 2+ years working with AWS cloud services
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
- Strong technical knowledge of the business specific functional/operational areas and IT technologies involved.
- Knowledge of data privacy issues and laws.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work for a sub team of Engineers
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.