Senior Software Engineer
Shutterfly Business Solutions (part of the Shutterfly family of brands) enables other large companies to connect with their customers by delivering enterprise level printing solutions. Our technology and manufacturing capabilities enable efficient and effective customer engagement through personalized communications.
What You’ll Do Here:
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer focused on full stack development of our Transactional Software Platform. This is a critical individual contributor role for software development with enterprise level software technologies. We are looking for a Software Engineer who enjoys solving complex problems, driving business value through rapid innovation and enjoys complete ownership (Cradle to Grave: Design, Dev, Infrastructure, Release, Support) of the assigned domain. This role offers exponential growth potential for this area of Shutterfly and will be involved in the development of new solutions for this area of the business.
- Design, development, test and deployment of highly scalable, high-reliability software and services in a business-critical enterprise environment.
- Work with Product leadership to clarify requirements, design technical solutions and develop complex features.
- Partner with other engineering teams to deliver functionality developed across team boundaries.
- Collaborate with other developers to plan releases and ensure the team delivers on the committed plan.
- Participate in design and code reviews across the team and establish best practices.
- Contribute new ideas to improve software practices and processes
- Collaborate with core Shutterfly teams on shared services such as Infrastructure, Security and Operations.
- Support and debug of critical transactions in the Shutterfly transactional processing flow. Work with stakeholders to address questions and unblock issues
- Perform scalability and performance analysis as needed.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years overall software development experience in enterprise technologies e.g.: Microsoft .Net, Java, Spring, Angular, SQL Server, AWS (Preferred).
- Good understanding and implementation experience with common design patterns.
- Rich experience developing REST APIs and/or Micro services with deep understanding of server-side and middle-tier technologies, relational databases
- Experience with CI/CD build pipelines
- Excellent problem-solving and software debug skills
- Excellent communication, analytical and leadership skills.
- A passion to win, innovate and a desire to build great things.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Strong experience with Agile SDLC processes.
- Micro services and Distributed architectures.
- Ability to think at end-user level and act tactically.
- Strong customer focus and owner mindset.
Colorado only*- This position has a minimum salary of $110,100.00. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Benefits at Shutterfly
*Note: Disclosure of the minimum salary is required for this role when being hired in Colorado (SB19-085)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.