Paid Social Manager
Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. Many of the designers who use Spoonflower to create products also use it to sell their artwork, making Spoonflower the world’s largest marketplace of surface designs. The community of designers and shoppers who make up Spoonflower is central to what we do. Our goal is to continue to expand the reach of Spoonflower’s services internationally, and, more generally, to expand the opportunities available for individuals to express themselves through color, pattern and personalization. At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. Our team is full of creative, multitalented individuals who embody -- like our customers -- a DIY ethic and an embrace of hard work. We offer team members competitive benefits, support of continuing education, the chance to learn new skills and to move within the company, and a dynamic and flexible company culture.
The Paid Social Manager is part of the Performance Marketing Team, and reports to the Sr. Manager, Paid Media. This role will own the planning, implementation, optimization and reporting of current Facebook and Pinterest paid advertising, along with any new paid social channels (Tik Tok, etc). This role is responsible for developing paid social strategy and tactics, including campaign setup, creative updates and ongoing optimizations of all paid social efforts. This role works closely with other team members, including the organic social team to deliver effective Digital media strategies that meet Spoonflower’s marketing and sales goals.
- Assess and understand Spoonflower’s goals across our social marketing channels and assist in developing a strategic plan to drive results to achieve those goals.
- Accountable for creating, launching and monitoring performance of paid social campaigns to support core business objectives.
- Support launch and strategy of current social commerce shops within Facebook/Instagram Shops and support and new commerce shops in the future (Pinterest, etc.).
- Lead in-platform testing (e.g., creative imagery, messaging, audiences, product assortment) and drive expansion into new social channels.
- Lead partnerships with all major Social Media platforms including Facebook/Instagram and Pinterest.
- Collaborate with the design team in order to drive strategy behind ad creative and image assets.
- Develop ongoing strategies and campaigns to continue growing and engaging Spoonflower’s social audience.
- Understanding the customer journey by identifying key KPI’s through attribution modeling within Google Analytics.
- Collaborate with analytics on monthly goals and performance for Social Media KPI’s related to Traffic, ROAS, Platform Revenue and new customers/users.
- Deliver regular reports with comprehensive metrics and actionable insights to optimize content performance and future campaigns.
- Keep current with industry news, social trends, platforms, and experiences that can inform Brand’s activation planning and drive innovation and performance.
- Closely monitor and optimize campaign performance to efficiently meet sales forecast and goals (sales, ROAS, cost/new customer acquired, CPCs).
- Analyze and recommend tactical changes to maximize channel performance.
- Research and acquire trends from primary and/or secondary sources to enhance, build and forecast upcoming campaigns.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge and expertise on digital marketing.
- Work independently and collaboratively with team members to create cohesive strategies for success.
- A BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years full-time experience leading and managing e-commerce paid social media programs.
- Previous e-commerce marketing experience.
- Knowledge of social media principles, practices, and techniques.
- Forward-thinking attitude on the latest social media industry technology and trends.
- Proven experience in executing and developing social media strategies.
- Experience working with Social Platform and product feeds.
- Understanding of key elements of successful online retail business and ability to design, launch and optimize online advertising campaigns.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of common business and marketing key performance indicators (KPIs) and measuring those against core business objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to use probing and questioning skills to conduct root cause analysis, determine next steps, and communicate resolution instructions efficiently, professionally, and concisely.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage your workload efficiently. A self-driven mindset and the ability to work independently.
- Experience making data driven decisions to achieve team goals.
- Thorough and strong attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and changing priorities. The ability to adapt and effectively handle and adjust to changes in priorities and assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- For internal candidates, you must have at least one year of experience at Spoonflower or have been in your most recent job for one year before being eligible to apply.
- Knowledge of other channels – i.e., SEM, Display Advertising, SEO are a plus
- Google Analytics certified is a plus
- Experience working with digital marketing tools (i.e. SEM Rush, Data Studio)