Sr. Security Engineer - Contractor
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
This is an exciting time for Shutterfly’s Information Security team. In this position you will be an integral part of the enterprise Information Security Program. Your focus will be on systems security and automation for our growing Information Security team. Primary day-to-day responsibilities will include engineering various security tools, integration, automation, and supporting the SOC team with tool development and incident escalations. As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be involved in critical security projects and day-to-day duties of the information security team as we continue to grow.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Design and build security tools and processes for integration and deployment across the enterprise
- Develop and support integration and automation within security, monitoring, reporting, and ticketing platforms
- Build and maintain SIEM content for detecting and responding to security events and incidents.
- Conduct automated and manual vulnerability testing on major applications and network infrastructures and work with various teams on remediation and remediation reporting.
- Develop hardening templates for technology platforms and assist teams in implementing baseline security standards.
- Design, implement and support cloud based security solutions for both public and private cloud infrastructures
- Research and development of modern/next-gen security toolsets to augment existing controls
- Design and implement threat intelligence and threat hunting capabilities within the security team.
- Conduct security research to keep abreast of latest security issues and help communicate and respond internally to mitigate any identified vulnerabilities
- Investigate security incidents using SIEM and other Information Security tools including IDS, packet captures, reports, data visualization, and pattern analysis
- Support Information Security team in all areas of information security
- Bachelors of Science in CIS/MIS/CS/CE, Engineering/Technology or related field or equivalent experience/training.
- 6-8 years working within Information Technology and 4-6 years specifically in Information Security
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Python, Powershell, etc).
- Must be well organized, thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment, leverage best practices, and most importantly, innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude.
- Must have understanding of various systems technologies, architecture fundamentals, next-generation technology and very strong security understanding
- Demonstrated oral/written communications, and client facing skills
- Experience in deploying and maintaining security controls within various public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with Splunk and Splunk ES, Next Gen Firewalls and IPS, and other advanced security tools
- Experience working vulnerability scanning tools and implementing a vulnerability management program
- Experience performing internal security architecture and engineering related assessments/reviews
- Understanding of various architectural frameworks and controls (CIS 20, NIST, etc.)
- Understand information security concepts, protocols, "industry best practices"
- Experience with administering various system types including Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Experience performing systems security analysis, baselining, hardening, and automation across a large diverse set of systems.
- Ability to perform threat hunting exercises incorporating relevant threat intelligence
- Hands on experience with Incident Response or previous participation with Incident Response teams such as the role of a first responder, someone who helps with analysis, forensics, etc.
- Experience utilizing penetration testing tools and frameworks and a working knowledge of penetration testing methodologies
- CISSP, GSEC, GPEN, GCIA, GCIH or similar security professional certification
- Practical experience in deployment and management of applied IT security technologies and tools such as endpoint protection, detection, and response, PIM/PAM, e-mail encryption, data loss prevention (DLP) technologies, deception, network access control, intrusion detection/prevention systems, etc.
- Familiarity with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities, mitigations and their impact on application architecture
- Experience with penetration testing tools and methodologies and the ability to conduct light red-teaming exercises
- Experience with network (router, switch, firewall configuration) and database (Oracle, SQL) security
- Familiarity with various penetration and analysis tools such as nmap, Burp, Kali Linux, Nikto, OwaspZap, Fiddler, the Metasploit framework, Wireshark, tcpdump etc.