Application Support Technician
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
- Resolution for problem jobs.
- Production PC support (hardware & software)
- Intra company support (other production facilities)
- Researching of new technologies
- Other projects and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-year technical degree/A+ certification in computer science or 2 years related work experience required (may be substituted for degree/certification requirement).
- 1 year experience with Microsoft Windows and Windows NT
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with related computer and networking equipment installation, configuration, and maintenance, including PCs, servers, peripherals, switches, hubs, software and OS.
- Knowledge of SQL, MYSQL, FOXPRO and web authoring a plus.
- Able to lift and move up to 40 lbs.
- Flexible schedule (able to work alternate shifts and weekends as needed)
- Knowledge of safe working habits, ability to follow instructions and work under pressure, demonstrated problem solving ability.
- No performance or attendance disciplinary action greater than counseling within the last year.
- Establishes and maintains positive principal working relationships, supports company goals in speech and in action, works cooperatively with others, respectfully communicates with other employees and management
- Can read and write English, communicate verbally, organize self, tasks and work environment to carry out responsibilities