Sr. Manager, Program Management (Consumer Goods)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly’s Consumer Operations team is seeking a Senior Manager of Program Management to join us in driving and managing core business initiatives for the Shutterfly Consumer Business, as well as, assist in the development of our program management department. Our group leads cross-functional teams, including merchandising, design, catalog development & deployment, operations and engineering, through the highly collaborative process of developing beautiful designs for our products and publishing this digital content to the Shutterfly website and mobile app. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, self-starter with experience working in matrixed organizations, and who enjoys problem-solving and navigating teams through complex challenges.
What You'll Do Here
• Manage a team of program managers to ensure adoption of standards and procedures governing the practice of project management and execution of the project portfolio
• Tactically own and execute on a portfolio of programs. Drive on-time delivery of programs
• Prioritize and manage inbound project requests from concept through completion under tight schedules; including defining milestones and schedules and facilitating cross-functional communication
• Ensure that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively
• Provide up-to-date, accurate, meaningful views of project status
• Identify and raise project delivery issues and risks for mediation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis. Foster accountability of cross-functional team leads to resolve project issues and ensure project success
• Ensure adoption of standards and procedures governing the practice of project management and execution of the project portfolio
• Establish processes, workflows, tools and documentation that set the team up for success and help them work more efficiently to deliver results.
• Ensure that cross-functional team leads have a clear understanding of RASCI for delivering project, goals, deliverables, and issues
• Conduct project post-mortems and continuous improvement sessions
The Skills You'll Bring
• 7+ years of program management experience on progressively more complex projects
• 2-4 years of people management, including hiring, developing and growing teams, as well as, performance management
• Experience project managing enterprise-wide product development projects involving cross-functional teams in business, operations, technical and creative domains
• Proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects simultaneously, building appropriate processes and tools
• Competency and knowledge in general business processes, product development, software engineering and digital asset management
• Naturally organized, analytical and detailed oriented. Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are absolutely required
• Strong relationship building/partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management
• Ability to influence peers and managers while dealing with ambiguity
• Demonstrated knowledge and usage of standard project management concepts, practices and procedures
• Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done
• Experienced in combining the best of Agile and Waterfall practices (Hybrid approach to Project Management)
It is helpful, but not required to have...
BA/BS required. Formal project management training is a plus but hands-on experience is highly preferred.