Market Research Analyst II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Data Analyst, Marketing-Tech Analytics role is to ensure that actionable insights into the customer base are generated through deep-dive behavior analyses, statistical modeling, campaign performance analyses and integrated reporting, supporting the marketing strategy teams at Shutterfly Inc. The role will support analytics for various marketing channels within the marketing org and provide input into the Analytics Roadmap. This person will manage end to end project execution by gathering stakeholder requirements, prioritizing efforts based on capacity, developing proper methodology, guiding A/B test designs for measurement, identifying and locating requisite data, and presenting the results in a digestible format for those with or without analytical backgrounds. The role will also need to respond to ad hoc / planning requests for analysis for planning purposes that will be used for understanding campaign performance for email, onsite, direct mail, and other channels as they develop; analyses should incorporate impact from multiple channels.
- Contribute to the Analytics Roadmap described above, and other large-scale, large-data needs as relevant
- Perform customer segmentation analysis; recommend targeting approaches and inform targeting strategies to improve marketing performance
- Provide actionable insights and strategy using a range of analytical/statistical techniques from descriptive analysis to predictive/explanatory models
- Guide designs on A/B tests and analytics to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Help consult/support on CRM data warehouse projects related to analysis
- Analyze campaign performance and develop standard reports to share with cross-functional teams
- Understand sources of customer information and partner with Engineering and Data warehouse teams to ensure data accuracy
- Manage the reporting universe used to create reports for the marketing users and update as needed
- Understanding client needs through ongoing communication and managing projects to completion on time
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Business, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, etc.)
- Advanced SQL and Excel experience
- Ability to communicate and present to international stakeholders in English
- Experience with R / Python / SPSS – an advantage
- Experience developing reports on Tableau – an advantage
- Knowledge of the digital marketing landscape – an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Ability to mine extensive/complex/disparate data sources and drive actionable and relevant insights through the use of appropriate analytical method(s)
- Exceptional problem-solving and analysis skills combined with the ability to communicate findings to all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage and operate both at the conceptual, strategic level as well as the more granular level. Accuracy is very important requiring great attention to detail.