Manager, Analytics and Data Science
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Marketing Analytics Manager role is to ensure actionable insights into the customer base are generated through deep-dive behavior analyses, campaign response analyses, and management of a self-service reporting environment, supporting the marketing strategy teams for Shutterfly Consumer Group. The role will help develop Analytics Roadmap across brands by gathering stakeholder requirements, prioritizing efforts based on capacity, developing the proper analytical methodology, identifying and locating requisite data, and presenting the results in a digestible format for those without technical backgrounds. The role will also need to respond to ad hoc / planning requests for analysis for planning purposes that will be used for understanding campaign performance for email, onsite, direct mail, and other channels as they develop; analyses should incorporate impact from multiple channels. The Marketing Analytics team is also the business owner Tableau reporting suites layered onto the marketing datamart. The ideal candidate will own this reporting universe used for self-service by the Strategy team.
- Develop and drive the Analytics Roadmap to help determine communication cadence impact on opt-outs, responses and revenue, determine impact of discount pricing on consumer behavior, and other large-scale, large-data needs as relevant
- Analyze customer behavior to develop campaign circulation strategy
- Perform customer segmentation analysis; recommend targeting approaches to improve marketing performance
- Provide actionable insights and strategy using a range of analytical/statistical techniques from descriptive analysis to predictive/explanatory models
- Design and implement tests and analytics to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Help consult/support on CRM data warehouse projects related to analysis
- Analyze campaign performance and develop standard reports to share with cross-functional teams
- Understand sources of customer information and partner with Engineering and Data warehouse teams to ensure data accuracy
- Manage the reporting universe used to create reports for the marketing users and update as needed
- Understanding client needs through ongoing communication and managing projects to completion on time
- 4+ years of experience working in marketing / tech sector.
- 2+ years of experience in managing team.
- Hands on experience with SQL queries executing via various clients- MUST
- Understanding the concepts of A/B testing, holdouts and control groups- MUST
- Experience in working and quiring (big) data bases- MUST
- Experience with creating and presenting analysis of different kinds- MUST
- Understand and have experience in planning, segmentation, targeting, execution and analysis of marketing campaigns
- Leading impact across the organization, working with cross functional teams
- Understands data and has experience defining data model requirements
- Evaluated new technologies that impact marketing operations
- Understanding of Machine learning concepts such as– Supervised learning & unsupervised learning
- Experience with Amazon tools such as Redshift, Athena, S3- Advantage