Marketing Analytics Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend-setting products, cutting-edge technology, and best-in-class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Marketing Analytics Manager's role is to ensure actionable insights into the customer base are generated through deep-dive behavior analyses, campaign response analyses, and management of a self-service reporting environment, supporting the marketing strategy teams for Shutterfly Consumer Group. The role will help develop Analytics Roadmap across brands by gathering stakeholder requirements, prioritizing efforts based on capacity, developing the proper analytical methodology, identifying and locating requisite data, and presenting the results in a digestible format for those without technical backgrounds. The role will also need to respond to ad hoc / planning requests for analysis for planning purposes that will be used for understanding campaign performance for email, onsite, direct mail, and other channels as they develop; analyses should incorporate impact from multiple channels.
- Develop and drive the Analytics Roadmap to help determine communication cadence impact on opt-outs, responses, and revenue, determine impact on consumer behavior, and other large-scale needs as relevant
Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure Data & Analytics use cases are properly executed
- Perform customer segmentation analysis; recommend targeting approaches to improve marketing performance
- Provide actionable insights and strategy using a range of analytical/statistical techniques from descriptive analysis to predictive/explanatory models
- Design and implement tests and analytics to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Analyze campaign performance and develop standard reports to share with cross-functional teams
- Understand sources of customer information and partner with Engineering and Data warehouse teams to ensure data accuracy. Provide requirement for analytics oriented datamart design
- Coordinate withBI to create reports for the marketing users and update as needed
- Understanding client needs through ongoing communication and managing projects to completion on time
Develop and improve self-service resources used by our internal customers (e.g. dashboards, SQL code repositories, data dictionaries, and data catalogs).
- 5+ years of experience working in marketing/tech sector.
- 2+ years of experience in managing and coaching the team.
- Hands-on experience with SQL queries executing via various clients- MUST
- Understanding the best practices of experiment designs – MUST
- Experience in working large scale data set-MUST
- Experience with creating and presenting an analysis of different kinds- MUST
- Understand and have experience in planning, segmentation, targeting, execution, and analysis of marketing campaigns
- Leading impact across the organization, working with cross-functional teams
- Understands data and has experience defining data model requirements
- Evaluated new technologies that impact marketing operations
- Familiarity with analytical tools and statistical methods required for AI / ML-based analysis and a clear understanding of the capabilities and limitations of various techniques
- Experience with Amazon tools such as Redshift, Athena, S3- Advantage