Desktop Systems Technician 4
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, events, and churches.
We are seeking a Level 1 Application Support Manager to join our team of committed IT professionals. Position is responsible for overseeing the team responsible for the day-to-day managing of systems incidents, including tasks related to monitoring, identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issue resolution or escalation.
Lifetouch Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced , collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the Level 1 Premanufacturing Support Analyst staff.
- Develop, train and maintain effective support processes.
- Set up and ensure consistent training for the Level 1 Premanufacturing Support Analyst staff, when new software releases are being deployed into Production.
- Assisting the Level 1 Premanufacturing Support Analyst staff in performing their daily activities, when needed.
- Partner with Level 2 Application support teams, Level3 Application Development and Lab Engineering teams on identifying issue root causes and what fixes are required to permanently resolve them.
- Partner with Level 1 field support (FTOS) and Prism Support teams on identifying best practices, information sharing and escalation processes.
- Identify gaps in existing support procedures and work instructions, then collaborate with other teams to fix them.
- Assist with seasonal readiness tasks and product testing of new software releases.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings to learn about new premanufacturing
- Ensure IT support processes are being followed.
- Ensure issues are being escalated through the ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Articulate to peers and leadership teams what impact existing production issues have to the business.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an operations or computer-related field or equivalent related experience.
- 10 or more years in IS support function
- 5 or more years in a supervisory capacity
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with business partners and other IT teams; including the ability to collaborate and influence others within IT and across the organization.
- Must have strong technical support process understanding.
- Must be an independent thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Must have technical background or understanding.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Ability to manage the work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, to ensure a steady and consistent workflow.