Sr. Designer II - Creative
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationery for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
We’re a Creative Department looking for a Sr. Art Director/Designer to join our in-house team. Our creatives are enthusiastic and thrive in a highly collaborative, sometimes quick-turn environment.
The Social Content Sr. Art Director/Designer is a hands-on individual contributor who concepts, designs and sometimes shoots content primarily for our organic social channels, with a strong emphasis in Instagram, but you’ll have plenty of opportunity to stretch and think omni-channel. You’ll delve into creative work produced efficiently and with brand consistency. Excellence in partnership and collaboration is a must. This role requires an organized multitasker, the ability to hit the ground running and an eye to always improve. This role is part of a larger creative team of a Managing Art Director, Designers and Copywriters.
- Work collaboratively with writing partners to deliver multiple concepts and ideas in early stages of work.
- While working with cross-functional partners, ensure that creative work is compelling, consistent, adheres to brand standards, and brings campaign goals to life.
- Continually adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves.
- Active participation in project kickoffs, asking insightful questions to gain detail, clarification and alignment with Social Partners, oversee project work, and propose ideas to address the business need.
- Inspire collaborative brainstorming to bring creative vision to life.
- Work collaboratively with the leaders to define creative vision, bringing groundbreaking creative ideas and solutions to the table.
- Confidently present ideas and concepts to Managing Art Director, Creative Director and internal clients with a spirit of collaboration.
- Juggle a mix of long-term and quick-turnaround projects, often with overlapping priorities and urgency.
- Show professionalism in all aspects of your daily tasks, including taking feedback and edits
- Be self-motivated especially in ambiguous situations.
- Support innovation, leveraging process improvements and technology to work smarter.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Fine Arts, Graphic Art, Architecture, or Design highly preferred, but will accept additional experience in lieu of formal education.
- 6-8+ years of social/concepting/campaign experience.
- A dynamic portfolio that demonstrates your ability to create editorial content within social channels.
- Hands-on experience designing across marketing channels – with a proficiency in social. Experience in Instagram Reels or Tiktok a bonus.
- Must have expertise in Adobe CC. Bonus points for experience with video editing and animation.
- Track record of supporting Creative Directors in close partnership.
- A solid understanding of social media best practices.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be self-motivated and a thoughtful worker who is solution-oriented.
- Positive attitude with a collaborative approach.
- Low ego, with a great attitude and flexibility towards business and its ever-changing, sometimes ambiguous nature.