HR Compliance Specialist (Temporary Employee)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
HR Compliance is seeking a temporary full-time resource to fill in for a 12 week leave of absence with a projected timeframe of May-October. This is a remote position.
The HR Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting the establishment, communication and maintenance of policies and practices in compliance with Federal, state, county and city laws, rules and regulations (laws) that are applicable to Shutterfly companies.
The primary areas of focus for this role will be compliance posters, compliance training, background checks and employee documentation requirements.
What You'll Do Here:
- Research new regulations and statutory requirements and their application to the business. Lead the review of operational and system setups to meet compliance requirements. Provide HR documentation and training, and communication templates to support the delivery of key messaging to all impacted populations.
- Develop action plans and timing for assigned work, identify associated risks and dependencies, and ensure effective and timely communication with internal stakeholders regarding project timelines, planned changes and impacts.
- Manage the compliance poster program across Shutterfly companies and maintain physical poster locations and online service link locations.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain all new hire, current and terminated employee documentation requirements.
- Maintain the policy and procedures for background checks, including motor vehicle rechecks, in accordance with jurisdiction requirements; as well as; serve as the primary contact for background checks internally and maintain the vendor relationship.
- Adjudicate background checks for Shutterfly Lifetouch, LLC and Shutterfly, LLC.
- Review HR Compliance training reports on a weekly basis and determine escalation needs with HR Operations and HR Managers based on non-compliance.
- Manages the HR Compliance Inbox
- Serve as the escalation point for compliance related questions that are received in the HR Compliance or HR Operations inbox.
- Maintains standard work documentation for primary responsibilities
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or similar field; or equivalent related experience
- PHR or SPHR Certification and/or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP; preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years of Human Resources experience required
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.