Senior Software Engineer Backend (Java/ Spring Boot)
We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time. No candidates requiring sponsorship will be considered.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products.
Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) enables other large companies to connect with their customers using web-to-print software solutions. SBS Technology is responsible for delivering cutting edge software solutions developed on Innovation Core platform and manufacturing PaaS services.
SBS is looking for a stellar Senior Software Engineer to join the team in Tempe, AZ or remotely.
Candidates must have a pragmatic approach to application architecture and a passion for technology and incremental delivery in a fast-paced environment.
• Hands-on development in Java Technologies working in a test-driven development environment
• Partner with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks, plan releases and deliver on commitments
• Participate in design and code reviews across the team to establish best practices
• Support production applications and releases
• Inspire and mentor team members
• Perform performance and scalability analysis
• 5 to 8 years hands-on experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot) and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
• 5+ years of developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
• Ability to work and deliver independently
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Micro services and Distributed architecture, DevOps/Cloud/AWS
• Scale Technologies: Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, NoSQL
• Experience working with remote software development teams
• Agile SDLC/Scrum/Kanban processes
• BS/MS in Computer Science
** This position is eligible for remote work which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.**
Colorado only*- This position has a minimum salary of $99,800.00. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Benefits at Shutterfly
*Note: Disclosure of the minimum salary is required for this role when being hired in Colorado (SB19-085)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.