Sr. Manager, Merchandising
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly Inc. is looking for a Sr. Manager, Merchandising to lead the Photo Books, Prints and Calendars Merchandising team. We are looking for the right person to jump in and learn the business, develop merchandising strategies and assortments, and drive revenue-driving collections.
This person must be a self-starter, have a passion for design, overall product aesthetic and development. Strong analytical skills balanced with strategic thinking are a must.
The Sr. Manager, Merchandising is responsible for creating and building the merchandising strategies and assortment architecture that will feed into the books, calendars and prints launch roadmap as well as drive the day-to-day execution of all merchandising projects within these categories. The Sr Manager, will provide cross-functional department leadership and partner effectively with Product, Engineering, UX, Product Development, Design, Integrated Marketing, Content, and Creative teams. The position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Books, Calendars and Prints.
- Develop the Merchandising Strategies around product and design assortment that support business objectives
- Be a customer expert – understand how the customer shops the categories, identify problems and opportunities and outline solutions
- Build business cases behind proposed solutions, new product launches, and assortment
- Develop 3-year planning and product / design roadmap
- Work closely with UX and PM to better bring the design and product assortment to life and maximize revenue
- Build strategic relationships cross-functionally with Engineering, UX, Product, Ecommerce, Content, Production, Marketing, Creative, and Design
- Oversee Internal and External Designers to develop designs & assortments that position SFLY as leaders in the industry and drive revenue
- Manage one direct report
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in retail merchandising; demonstrated success in ecommerce settings & product launches.
- Able to navigate ambiguity and pull together the right teams/people
- Able to think outside the box and innovate
- Able to extract actionable solutions from sales, analysis, customer panels etc.
- Strong presentation skills - ability to alter what is shared based on audience
- Proactive! This role can’t be performed by someone constantly reactive
- Strong business acumen - able to dissect data, identify opportunities, outline solutions and see things through
- Customer enthusiast - there are no boundaries when it comes to understanding a 360 view of our customer
- Experience with design and art direction is a plus
- People manager experience a must
- eCommerce experience a must
- Experience working with UX, design and PM
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, design or related fields