At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Snapfish was built to help people archive and share photos. For almost 2 decades, our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world store and share photos with one another. With over a 90 people using the service globally, a career at Snapfish offers countless ways to make an impact in an organization that holds memories and stories throughout the world for generations to come.
Shutterfly is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of software development engineers to build Shutterfly's next generation Product catalog platform solution to manage a long list of multi-brand product assortments.
What You'll Do Here
- Collaborate closely with Product and Business counterparts to define and deliver Product Catalog Strategy, Architecture and Roadmap
- Managing a team of software engineers
- Lead design and code reviews across team and establish best practices
- Collaborate with other technology leaders and cross functional teams to integrate across tiers, platforms, and capabilities
- Identifies and implements best practices and process improvements to improve time to market, software quality, automation, innovation and features and enhancements driven through technology
- Participates in key decision making for all aspects of strategy and planning for the engineering organization
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of experience developing commercial applications and complex systems
- 3+ years of experience in managing software engineers in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong software engineering background and development experience in OOP concepts and design, Java, Spring Boot framework, and REST Web services
- Solid foundation in design patterns, algorithms, data structures, programming languages, networking, and operating systems
- Experience with relational databases, SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Expertise in software engineering best practices for the entire SDLC
- Excellent problem-solving ability and debugging skills - ability to dive deep, find your way, and modify a very large code base.
- Experience or Knowledge in any PIM tool such as STEP (Stibo Systems).
- Experience or Knowledge in React framework.
- Experience or Knowledge in Cloud Technologies such as AWS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent experience, MS preferred
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!