People Manager, Technical Program Management
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
Within Shutterfly engineering, the Program Management Office (PMO) is the team that provides program management services to key engineering and manufacturing initiatives, including scrum masters as necessary. It is the authoritative source for best practices, standards, guidance and metrics on the practice and execution of Agile project and program management. We are seeking a key contributor to own and lead programs and portfolios of projects and assist in the development of the PMO as a department. The ideal candidate should have an extensive background using the Agile methodology within project and program management.
What You'll Do Here:
- Manage a team of technical program managers to ensure adoption of standards and procedures governing the practice of project management and execution of the Technology project portfolio
- Manage pipeline of new initiatives, services, and products into delivery teams
- Ensure that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively
- Define and manage key metrics for measuring resource capacity, project valuation, cost, risk, status and performance across Shutterfly engineering
- Strategically and tactically own and execute on a portfolio of projects
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Ensure that cross-functional team leads have a clear understanding of RASCI for delivering project, goals, deliverables, and issues
- Identify and raise project delivery issues and risks for mediation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis. Foster accountability of cross-functional team leads to resolve project issues and ensure project success
- Drive on-time delivery of projects and programs
- Provide up-to-date, accurate, meaningful views of project status
- Conduct project post-mortems and continuous improvement sessions
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of project management experience on progressively more complex projects in the Technology engineering and operations domains
- Experienced in combining the best of Agile and Waterfall practices (Hybrid approach to Project Management)
- Proven experience managing Cloud optimization and organizational maturity programs. Experience with AWS platforms offerings and certification is a plus
Experience project managing large, enterprise-wide platform projects involving cross-functional teams in both business, operations and technical domains.
Strong relationship building/partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management. Comfortable presenting to executives.
Experience coaching, mentoring and guiding Technical Program Managers. Team Lead / People management experience preferred.
- High competency and knowledge in software engineering, product development, and general business processes
- BA/BS required, preferably in computer science or engineering.
Formal project management training is a plus but hands-on experience is highly preferred.