Principal Software Architect
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
If you like the challenge of working on high volume systems that handle hundreds of millions of dollars annually in eCommerce transactions, this role is for you. This includes the key areas of the e-Commerce platform, components such as the Store front, Catalog and search. This position is based out of our Haifa Office.
As a staff engineer you would be the one in charge of the Store architecture, developing highly scalable frameworks for other developers to leverage as well as consumer facing applications, you would mentor other developers and review their day to day work to make sure they confirm to the architecture specifications as well as the expected quality.
- Design, develop and test web applications in accordance with established requirements, standards, processes and best practices
- Build software solutions and participate in production release activities
- Maintain and proactively monitor production applications and platforms; proactively develop solutions to improve user experience
- Prepare high quality technical documentation pertaining to business and technical requirements, including writing design documents, test cases and deployment guides
- Collaborate within an Agile dynamic development environment
- Adhere to high-quality development principles and mentor/lead by example
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, MS preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both English and Hebrew)
- Solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and operating systems
- At least 8 years of website development experience with proficiency in latest versions of HTML5, Node JS, React.js (or a similar modern framework such as Angular, Vue, etc) and modern CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Pure etc.)
- Experience with frontend infrastructure and deployment – Git, Jenkins (or similar), Webpack-based build tools, NPM, optimizing for CDN.
- Extensive experience with responsive and mobile-first web design.
- Backend experience a plus – AWS, Kubernetes, Redis.
- Experience in large-scale consumer web site development
- Experience with working in an agile environment and running efficient SCRUM
- Excellent problem-solving ability and debugging skills - ability to dive deep, find your way, and modify a very large code base
- Good communication and personal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven environment; flexible in meeting deadlines and urgent requests
- Experience working with remote teams