Product Developer - Fabric, Wallpaper, and Home Decor
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. As a part of the Shutterfly family of brands, Spoonflower increases the depth and breadth of what people can create, customize, and buy by connecting Shutterfly users to more than 1 million designs by independent artists in the Spoonflower global marketplace.
The role of the Product Developer is to drive new product development in wallpaper, home decor and fabric categories. This role will be responsible for driving the product development calendar, prototype development and approval. Requirements include daily communication with material suppliers. The Product Developer will report to the Product Development & Sourcing Manager and work closely with cross functional teams. A successful candidate will have experience in product development processes and understanding fabric and wallpaper specs.
What You'll Do Here:
- Drive New Product Development timelines and calendar
- Drive counter development trials based on identified sourcing objectives
- Develop print trial plans and product spec targets. Partner with cross functional partners to execute within calendarized goals.
- Prepare sample packs and run focus groups as needed to meet category and product direction
- Identify quality standards for inbound materials and execute quality control including top of production evaluation and approvals
- Track and quickly resolve manufacture flaws including return of damaged materials and credits from supplier
- Communicate packaging and labeling requirements to suppliers for inbound materials
- Communicate product spec requirements to manufacturing temas for finished goods.
- Develop packaging and notion items to support final products as needed. Inclusive of sourcing and nominating materials and suppliers for BOM.
The Skills You'll Bring:
❏ Bachelor's degree (BS, BA) preferred
❏ Product development experience in fabric and home decor
❏ Excellent attention to detail
❏ Strong project management skills
❏ Outstanding organization
❏ Exhibits a bias towards action
❏ Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands
❏ Articulate, concise and professional written and verbal communications
❏ Ability to gather, analyze, provide insights and make recommendations
❏ Ability to become proficient in using Spoonflower’s tools to extract data