Sr. Principal Software Architect - eCommerce
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
As a recognized authority of eCommerce, the Sr. Principal Software Architect (Domain Architect) strategically advises on and drives the eCommerce strategy that underpins all business solutions, creates the architecture for these platforms, and leads the realization of the architecture roadmap into the target state. Deep subject matter knowledge of eCommerce is essential and technical knowledge of cloud architectures is highly desirable.
What You'll Do Here:
- Own the technology strategy for the eCommerce domain with a holistic understanding of the Shutterfly eCommerce technology landscape
- Establish short- and long-term eCommerce technology roadmap
- Provide a conduit between ecommerce-domain-specific technology strategy and enterprise-level technology strategy
- Socialize ecommerce technology standards and landscapes that include current-state technology overviews as well as enterprise- and ecommerce-specific constraints, standards and guidelines
- Provide guidance to initiative-delivery stakeholders, including technology planning, decision-making and reconciliation with business strategy
- Works closely with initiative-delivery teams to provide oversight of ecommerce solution designs
- 10+ years of experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis, and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC)
- 10+ years of experience architecting and developing n-tier applications using multiple programming languages and paradigms
- 7+ years of experience implementing solutions in an architecture capacity in the eCommerce industry
- Degree in Information Systems / Computer Science (or similar)
- Architecture and design of eCommerce solutions (Cloud, APIs, micro-services, omni-channel, etc.) and integration to other solutions
- Commercial and business understanding of the broader eCommerce and retail services industry
- Architecture frameworks and development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, TOGAF, etc.)
- Ecommerce data and analytics, personalization, content management, machine learning, payment platforms, supply chain and fulfillment automation, search engine optimization integration, omni-channel ecommerce technologies
- Modeling business capabilities in conceptual frameworks.
- Degree in Information Systems / Computer Science
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
This is a position which may be performed in any of our offices or as a remote position. As a remote position this may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.