Senior Director, Strategic Vertical Market
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly Business Solutions enables other large companies to connect with their customers by delivering enterprise level printing solutions. Our technology and manufacturing capabilities enable efficient and effective customer engagement through personalized communications.
- Minimum of five years of successful sales & management experience in the area of the vertical market (Book, Direct Mail, Regulatory Services, Healthcare) required
- Demonstrated experience selling and managing National Vertical Accounts
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals
- Demonstrate experience developing net new clients and closing new business
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales and management teams within strategic vertical
- Experience selling technology solutions that enable end to end client communications solutions
- Experience managing P&L a plus
- Responsible for business development, account management and team management within the Vertical Market.
- Leads within a matrix environment with SBS Senior Leadership and the Operations leadership team providing direction and support towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values specifically within the Strategic Vertical Markets.
- Establishes sales plans and strategies to expand the vertical market, develop and grow customers in the defined market.
- Develops individual account business plans and sales strategy that ensures attainment of company growth goals and profitability within the strategic vertical.
- Working closely with leadership team, help develop transitional and integration plan for strategic business into SBS organization including technology, process and organization including strategic business development and strategic operational support and alignment.
- Work closely with functional Shutterfly Operations leadership on the business development and operational alignment of the strategic vertical business.
- Assist in the recruitment of Sales Executives (SEs) based on criteria agreed upon by senior management providing support and subject matter expertise to the team.
- Responsible for creating, monitoring and revising lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline within specific accounts.
- Finds new and creative ways of engaging with customers.
- Responsible for capturing the attention of potential customers and presenting new solutions and services that the SBS has to offer.
- Responsible for the performance and development of assigned accounts utilizing the entire Shutterfly team.
- Prepares action plans for National Accounts.
- Ensures that customers are informed of new product/service introductions and prices.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new National accounts in the designated markets.
- Provides feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Managerial responsibilities include but are not limited to: mentoring, coaching and developing colleagues; planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; project budget working through leadership supporting mutually agreed upon goals within this strategic vertical.
- Works with team to provide competitive pricing on proposals and strives to maintain maximum profit margin while helping educate Shutterfly teams on the uniqueness of this space.
- Preparation of proposals, presentations and RFP responses within the Strategic Vertical.
- Provides leadership, support and assistance within with all M&A activity within the strategic vertical.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Skills Job Skills Requirements:
- Strong leadership qualities
- Highly energetic and results-oriented, strong team player and communicator with an ability to work under pressure in a matrix structure.
- Conversant with products/systems and solutions of Shutterfly Business Solutions relevant to the strategic vertical markets and their value propositions.
- Strong verbal/written communication and outstanding presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Ability to work independently as well as coach/manage team within a matrix structure.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to resolve problems and look for solutions.
- Strong financial analytical skills.
- Strong ability to facilitate a collaborative working environment for customers and team members.
- Driven, self-motivated and results oriented.
- Strong and demonstrated background in selling solutions specifically within the strategic vertical to include technology solutions that enable end to end communications management, resulting in print fulfillment and/or electronic delivery mediums.
- Desired Education – Bachelors and or equivalent industry experience.
- Desired Experience - 10 Years plus industry/vertical experience.