Sr. Software Engineer II
We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time. No candidates requiring sponsorship will be considered.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products.
Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) enables other large companies to connect with their customers using web-to-print software solutions. SBS Technology is responsible for delivering cutting edge software solutions developed on Innovation Core platform and manufacturing PaaS services.
SBS is looking for a stellar Senior Software Engineer to join the team in Tempe, AZ or remotely.
Candidates must have a pragmatic approach to application architecture and a passion for technology and incremental delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on development in Java Technologies working in a test-driven development environment
- Partner with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks, plan releases and deliver on commitments
- Participate in design and code reviews across the team to establish best practices
- Support production applications and releases
- Inspire and mentor team members
- Perform performance and scalability analysis
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot) and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- 4+ years of developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
- 1+ years hands-on experience with Angular (4 and above) SPA
- Ability to work and deliver independently
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Microservices and Distributed architecture, DevOps/Cloud/AWS
- Scale Technologies: Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, NoSQL
- Led/Managed offsite vendor Software Development
- Agile SDLC/Scrum/Kanban processes
- BS/MS in Computer Science
**This is a position which may be performed in any of our offices or as a remote position. As a remote position this may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.**