Graphic Designer I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. As a part of the Shutterfly family of brands, Spoonflower increases the depth and breadth of what people can create, customize, and buy by connecting Shutterfly users to more than 1 million designs by independent artists in the Spoonflower global marketplace.
A Graphic Designer at Spoonflower must be able to consistently think outside of the box while maintaining brand standards to develop and execute ideas and concepts into compelling visual solutions. This role is a mix of design and production of creative work and requires the ability to manage competing priorities to deliver within a tight timeline. This position works in collaboration with the marketing team and interfaces with several internal departments. This position reports to the Manager, Graphic Design.
What You’ll Do Here
- Create digital advertising and social media asset creation
- Present visual ideas, design rationale, and executable details to team members and cross-functional partners
- Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure design concepts meet business goals,
- Create and export standard animations and basic motion graphics
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of both digital constraints and best practices to deliver creative design solutions
- Work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines across multiple projects.
The Skills You’ll Bring
- For internal candidates, you must have at least one year of experience at Spoonflower or have been in your most recent job for one year before being eligible to apply
- 2-5 years of design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent professional experience
- Design experience in a cross-functional and collaborative team environment
- Passion for current graphic visual design practices
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Portfolio showcasing web and print-based projects
- Working knowledge of standard animations and basic motion graphics
- Basic familiarity with HTML is preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong attention to detail and high standards of design aesthetics
- Ability to quickly and clearly grasp brand direction, nuances, and constraints
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a team, managing workflows to keep projects moving forward and meet tight deadlines
- Flexible with design direction and ability to positively respond to feedback
- Be open to learning new things and ready to lend a hand when needed in any situation
- Self-disciplined and motivated in a fast paced environment.