Senior Principal Data Engineer
At Spoonflower (part of the Shutterfly family of brands) our mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home décor. Spoonflower’s global marketplace connects our customers to more than 1 million designs by independent artists from around the world.
Spoonflower is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Principal Data Engineer to be a player/coach to our Data and Analytics engineering team. This position is responsible to conceptualize, feature design and development, maintenance, and production support of all data integration platform, tool, and ETL/ELT processes. This position is responsible for leading a team of data engineers to build and maintain the data lake that will support analytical and reporting use cases across the Spoonflower organization.
What You'll Do Here:
- Work in a dynamic & agile environment to develop creative data-driven solutions using AWS Tech stack, Snowflake, Databricks, SQL, as well as other modern data technologies
- Working with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to support their data infrastructure needs while assisting with data-related technical issues
- Identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes.
- Design and build production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a big data architecture, using Java, Python, Scala
- Design and implement data engineering, ingestion and curation functions on AWS cloud using AWS native or custom programming.
- Knowledge in NoSQL databases – MongoDB, Dyanamo DB is a plus
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting issues with database like Aurora, Redshift
- Experience in Unix, AWS Cloud platform tools, storage and security (SNS, S3, Athena, QuickSight, Secret manager).
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- Understanding of Cloud / Hybrid data architecture and eCommerce concepts is a plus
- Manage a small team of onshore and offshore engineers
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or other relevant fields
- 7-10 yrs. of hands-on experience in building batch as well as NRT/RT data ingestion pipeline using Kafka, Kinesis/firehose, AWS DMS, Spark-ETL, AWS Glue and Lambda and proficient in optimizing and tuning Redshift database
- 3 years of experience managing a team of engineers
- Has experience in AWS Athena and Glue, Pyspark, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, Snowflake, Aurora, S3, Glue, Athena, DynamoDB
- Knowledge of BI tools – Power BI, Looker is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS security and IAM roles
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The compensation package for this role is based on multiple factors, such as job level, responsibilities,
location, and candidate experience. The base pay ranges included below are specific to the locations
listed, and may not be applicable to other locations.
Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island: [$149,5000-193,150]
Colorado and Washington: [$149,5000-179,100]
This position may be eligible for a bonus incentive, health benefits, a 401K program, and other employee
perks. More details about our company benefits can be found at https://shutterflyinc.com/benefits/