Senior Software Engineer
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer II who will focus on the engineering of the Shutterfly Fulfilment Platform’s client-facing user-interface. This is a critical individual-contributor role working at the heart of a mission-critical platform.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Designing and writing robust, testable, and scalable code
- Helping define and shape the engineering practices of our growing team.
- Architecting solutions that help scale enterprise solutions.
- Promoting best practices and consistent design patterns in development.
- Mentoring and leading team members one-on-one and in group settings.
- Evaluating emerging technologies to identify new opportunities, trends, and best practices.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years of work experience in software engineering, including 2-3+ years of proven hands-on lead experience of software engineers
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks (Angular10+, React, Vue)
- Experience leading, technically challenging, cross-functional infrastructure projects from conception to end.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or another related degree.
- Experience unit, automation tests, and integration tests
- Experience refactoring existing code in addition to architecting new solutions
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure
- Experience using Git version control in a team setting and setting best practices
- RESTful API design experience
- Experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- Experience working in an Agile-like environment
- A habit of leaving the code cleaner than you found it.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
Colorado only*- This position has a minimum salary of $110,100.00. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Benefits at Shutterfly
*Note: Disclosure of the minimum salary is required for this role when being hired in Colorado (SB19-085)