Artist Community Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. As a part of the Shutterfly family of brands, Spoonflower increases the depth and breadth of what people can create, customize, and buy by connecting Shutterfly users to more than 1 million designs by independent artists in the Spoonflower global marketplace.
As an integral member of the Global Customer Experience & Growth Team within the Brand Marketing department, the Spoonflower Artist Community Manager is responsible for many ongoing activities within branded communication channels. Partnering cross-functionally with the Channel Distribution Team and the Creative Team, Spoonflower Community Managers are responsible for activities such as editorial planning; community moderation and monitoring, reactive and proactive engagement between the brand and its online communities; creating conversations; providing insight and recommendations to Distribution Managers on how to maximize channel engagement in the community; partnering with Product Owners to provide tools and products that will enhance the UI/UX for the customer segment represented; reporting on the business value based on established KPIs; identifying and acquiring new while retaining and engaging current segment members.
The ideal candidate has a passion for art and artists who are interested in developing online digital spaces to monetize their work, by cultivating intentional conversations and relationships that support their creativity and personal business needs. This person also loves finding and telling compelling brand stories through the lens of the artist community.
What You’ll Do Here
- Manage all artist customer segment conversations
- Identify and recruit new artists to the Spoonflower platform
- Developing programmatic strategies and initiatives that enable us to recruit, nurture and scale the success of our artist community
- Identify the “aha” moments that increase engagement, loyalty and ambassadorship
- Assist Product Owners in identifying and delivering tools that will enable a best in class UX for the artist customer segment including but not limited to:
- simplify the onboarding process
- support discoverability of their designs
- create opportunities to increase earning potential on Spoonflower’s platform
- Work with Creative Team to deliver content that is on-brand, engaging, and delivers on Spoonflowers brand promise and business objectives
- Partner with Channel Distribution Team for publishing, planning, and engagement within relevant social channels and online communities
- Collaborate with 3D artist to develop and implement visualization strategies that enhance the consumer experience and assist the artist community in developing an individual merchandising footprint to optimize traffic and sales to their shops
- Contribute to the development, implementation and ongoing optimization of community strategies
- Ensure proper execution of community strategies
- Report on the status and successes of community engagement efforts
- Support building and presenting quarterly business reviews ensuring continued alignment and value building within the artist customer segment
The Skills You’ll Bring
- At least 2+ years of college coursework or other relevant experience completed; Bachelors degree in a relevant field and relevant professional work a plus
- 5+ years of relevant experience. Examples: customer relations management, community development, the voice of the consumer work
- Self-starter, eager to identify and work towards opportunities to improve and be a part of an integrated and fast-paced collaborative work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to convey empathy through active listening
- Cool under pressure with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Direct experience managing social media accounts on behalf of brands is a significant plus