Inventory Associate 2 - Warehouse
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. We are here to fulfill the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service. Rent, shoot, return - it's as easy as that!
As an inventory specialist, your job is to support a number of other departments throughout the day and keep our inventory accurate through the entire process. High attention to detail, elevated multi-tasking skills, on the run problem solving and working well under pressure, are skills and talents that applicants must possess in order to become a successful Inventory Specialist. What else lands on the plate of an Inventory Specialist? See below:
- Pulling camera gear for orders with both extreme accuracy and a sense of urgency
- Respond to and assist employees when requested, while also being able to prioritize different workloads
- Work on all other inventory related projects when assigned by the supervisor (cycle counts, re‐shelving of clean gear, barcoding, spot checking, and other duties as assigned)
- Participate in a quarterly Physical Inventory (PI) counts on the weekend‐ whereby the entire inventory will be counted in one sitting
- Prepare gear for walk‐in customers
What You'll Do Here:
- Inventory background: Retail inventory experience is required. The more the better!
- Hands‐on experience with digital SLR camera and/or video equipment (Nikon, Canon, Sony, etc.) is preferred, but not required
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to take direction well
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced team environment is a plus
- Being able to communicate effectively across all levels is a must (in person, through email, over the phone, etc.)
- Lastly, you must have a positive attitude and drive to succeed!
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 1‐2 years of retail or relevant retail inventory experience
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- Working with E-Commerce, E-Merchant, or rental company is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equal work experience is required