Sr. Manager, Operations - Field
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
The Manager, Area Photo & Operations (APOM) provides leadership for all aspects of the Area’s photography operations to ensure successful execution, including managing the team, implementing photography programs, driving photography quality, overseeing scheduling and equipment management, monitoring productivity, ensuring consistent practices and operational procedures, providing customer service, fostering account retention, and managing a budget/costs.
What You’ll Do Here
- Drives and executes strategies for the Area, in alignment with company expectations, within all locations of the Area and ensures successful execution
- Partners with the Area Sales Manager to develop, foster, and promote a strong culture of teamwork and productive working relationship within the Area team.
- Provides direction and guidance to Operations Manager from booking process through APO/job setup, data management, and production tasks as well as customer service in congruence with standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Provides direction to Photography Manager/supervisor for the management of photographic quality and photographer feedback programs; employing techniques that build the teamwork required to support business needs in congruence with standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Utilizes company resources effectively and maximizes productivity for high-quality, positive Picture Day experiences and efficient execution - including the utilization of the Picture Day Report Cards as a data point for performance feedback, development, and improvement.
- Manages the Area budget (both fixed and variable) in collaboration with Field Finance and the Area Sales Manager; regularly monitors performance and takes prompt, corrective action as appropriate.
- Monitors and is accountable for all operations and photography metrics. Interprets and acts on metrics appropriately to drive results.
- Demonstrates care and concern for workplace safety and health by promoting and modeling all safety rules and guidelines.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, and manages employees, in accordance with company guidelines and processes, to build and maintain a high performing team.
- Manages and leads a team (2 or more full-time equivalents), including providing day-to-day work direction, sharing performance feedback, giving recognition and communicating effectively.
The Skills You’ll Bring
- 5 - 8 years of business experience, including managing the operations within a multimillion-dollar sales volume organization.
- 5 - 7 years managing and leading direct reports.
- Multi-unit remote management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel to various locations (up to 60%).
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license with full use of dependable, insured automobile.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Ability to manage, prioritize as well as balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
It is helpful, but not required to have…
Demonstrated photography knowledge and experience in delivering a high-quality product and customer experience.