Marketing Planning Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Marketing Planning this role will contribute to the development of brand and category marketing planning and allocation of an omni-channel marketing budget. In this role you will be responsible for collaborating with cross functional teams in defining the optimal marketing spend mix based on brand and business goals. This role requires a strategic and data driven mindset to holistically understand the drivers of marketing investment recommendations.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (including Finance, Analytics, Channel Marketing, Category Marketing, Media Planning and more) to deliver quarterly and annual marketing budget and revenue plans
- Own a holistic approach to marketing investment considering drivers such as key business priorities and initiatives to ensure plan will achieve revenue and customer goals
- Collaborate cross functionally to provide marketing budget strategy overviews
- Collaborate with key partners on defining and help lead annual and quarterly marketing planning cycle
- Utilize various forms of data inputs to identify opportunities and risks, provide business context and budget scenarios for consideration
- Manage in-season budget changes and bring forward incremental opportunity scenarios
- Visualize key insights and findings to convey the most meaningful information
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- 10 years of progressive experience in marketing planning and budget, ideally in consumer-driven brand marketing, digital marketing, and channel development.
- Solid understanding of retail, ecommerce, and brand management.
- Understanding of relationship between Brand and Performance marketing
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven approach to understand results and derive actionable insights.
- High proficiency in Excel is a must and knowledge of business intelligence tools.
- Experience leading and influencing teams.
- The ability to successfully develop and execute programs utilizing both direct resources as well as matrix resources, while investing marketing funds with focus on measured business impact.
- Success in a matrix organization and a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Strong executive-level communications skills.