Sr. Software Engineer II
At Shutterfly, our purpose is to share life’s joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading platform for personalized products.
Shutterfly’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users will purchase personalized products. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas.
We are looking for some exceptional backend engineers for our Machine Learning Infrastructure team. The mandate for this team is to envision, develop, and manage the systems / workflows that enable Shutterfly to generate automatically product and to recommend them at the right time with the right content. A huge challenge!
Given Shutterfly’s rare combination of an exceptional team of data scientists, a lot of data, a sophisticated data engineering ecosystem, and a company-wide appreciation for the benefits of machine learning, a huge opportunity for impact awaits!
- Help develop the next-generation of Shutterfly smart product creation services
- Debug, maintain and improve the backend infrastructure running on AWS, enhancing its ability to process millions of images per day
- Analyze, design and develop scalable services and components in the AWS Cloud
- Design and build flexible pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies and modeling approaches
- Take full ownership of projects from conception through to production
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions
- Work with team members and other groups to achieve company goals
Skills And Qualifications
- Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Wealth of extensive experience (Five or more years) as a backend engineer, writing in Python, Node.js or the like
- Experience with CI/CD, terraform, Docker, Jenkins
- Extensive knowledge of code architecture and design patterns
- Experience designing and implementing distributed and scalable systems
- Experience with big data technologies (ideally Spark)
- Experience with working over Linux OS
- Self-direction, ambition, and an eagerness to learn new things
- Ability to take high-level project concepts and turn them into well thought out system designs
- Listens / curious / adaptable / collaborative
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced company with short release cycles
- Eager to have a high impact
- Are pragmatic and know how to ship high-value features quickly
- You are an extremely self-motivated person with an eye for automating humans out of most equations (thoughtfully, mind).
- Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude and willing to have fun while working
Bonus points for:
- Experience in cloud computing and/or AWS services
- Participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge
- Experience developing and working with RESTful web services and client-server architectures
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar.