Vice President, Lifetouch Engineering
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on VP of Engineering, who will build, lead and mentor the engineering team responsible for our core technology capabilities and service delivery systems. Your primary responsibility will be to grow and lead a world-class engineering team, across multiple locations, and ensure they have everything they need to be successful.
As part of Shutterfly’s Global CTO leadership team and the Lifetouch Leadership Team, you will inform and align your teams around strategic decisions, and ensure we are operating on the right principles, strategy, and roadmaps to transform our business and build great products that our host Schools, end consumers, and employees will love. In addition, you will manage budget, timelines, and overall execution.
- Develop, define, and execute the transformation vision and strategy for existing and new tech products which includes both the day to day operations and Lifetouch’s long-term plan
- Accelerate modern service-oriented architectures and engineering principles to automate and simplify Lifetouch core workflows
- Collaborate with cross-functional Lifetouch executives as well as CTO leaders to build end-to-end solutions that create a more seamless experience across Shutterfly’s brands and services
- Collaborate with Product and Design leaders to set the vision and roadmap for the team
- Take full ownership of the product from an engineering perspective by authoring a technical vision that aligns with the evolving business needs of the organization.
- Execute on that vision by granting agency and ownership while ensuring the correct processes are in place and followed.
- Build strategic solutions and execute on impactful and ambitious product roadmap
- Assess and identify opportunities and challenges in Lifetouch’s current and new products through its many stages while thinking ahead to secure its position in the market
- Deeply understand the needs and pain points of our consumers to lead the team to be the informed voice of the user
- Establish, track, and interpret KPIs to diagnose current business trends and forecast future performance
- Build processes and bring ideas to fruition that are possible and sustainable; know and understand the tech limits and possibilities
- Discover, implement and integrate software solutions within the product development stack
- Partner with different areas of the business to understand customer needs, and improve support experience, and ensure product is being built in a way that is scalable, sustainable and reliable
A collaborator, values-based leader with a proven track record of managing high-performance teams to always prioritize the things that will have the biggest impact on both the user and the business
- Technical leader who has built and managed the commercial SaaS/Software Development from conception to launch
- Experience operating in a $1B business with a lean startup mindset
- Demonstrated experience introducing and executing on new, innovative technologies that improve business performance across a variety of functions including corporate, commercial, supply chain and research/development.
- Exceptional business strategist with success building engaging, positive customer experiences
- Proven strategic thought leadership and demonstrated experience driving innovation and change
- Ability to flexibly prioritize as business needs shift,
- Demonstrated success in building positive relationships, leveraging strong influencing skills, and working effectively with internal and external partners.
- Outstanding presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Product development expert with minimum 12+ years of product engineering, and/or management within eComm, digital, or related industry
The successful candidate will have significant previous experience in Salesforce, Force.com and their ecosystem delivering high quality engineering solutions with hands-on APEX development, API development, and Integration development with an ESB or native capabilities.
- Skilled at implementing an agile approach to achieve significant improvements in the work with the offshore teams
- Demonstrated architecture acumen and expertise
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering discipline a must, MS Degree a plus