User Research Assistant - Contractor
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Job Title: User Research Assistant/Coordinator
As a User Research Assistant/Coordinator, you’ll be an integral part of the Shutterfly Consumer Insight team, assisting our Senior User Researchers in managing and fielding our research work.
An ideal candidate will have a passion for our customer’s happiness, loves collaboration, and problem-solving, with good organization, communication and people skills. You should be comfortable working with uncertainty and managing unexpected problems or issues. Experience with spreadsheets, data, surveys, and user research in general will be very beneficial to success in this role.
This could be a great role for a junior researcher/analyst or someone who is interested in becoming a User Researcher.
Specific tasks will include:
- Creating and managing advertisements for participant recruitment
- Creating screener surveys and forms for applicants, and processing associated data
- Screening research applicants
- Sending invitations (by email and phone) to participate in research
- Coordinating scheduling between participants and researchers
- Working with user researchers to host and conduct online interviews with tools like User Testing, Userlytics and Zoom
- Taking notes during online interviews and testing sessions
- Assisting in gathering all interview notes on Miro and helping researchers during synthesis
- Sending incentives to participants in surveys and research interviews
- Supporting the research team in general tasks
The Skills You’ll Bring
- 1-2 years of experience in research / human-centered design
- Strong analytical skills – you can distill what’s important in your research
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Great organization and ability to stay on top of multiple ongoing projects in different phases
- Project management that includes communicating cross functionally with teams and multi-tasking
- Reliable and committed to details
- Self sufficient while moving from one project to the next
It is helpful, but not required to have
- Experience with synthesis tools such as Miro, Mural, Sketch/InVision
- Experience with user research tools such as UserZoom, UserTesting, Userlytics, Surveymonkey