Principal Software Engineer - Application Architect
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Come join us as during this very exciting time as we embark on a Digital Transformation at Lifetouch. The Principal Software Engineer architects new applications or changes to existing systems and services and leads the implementation of architectural design to the desired target state. This role is deeply engaged throughout the application development lifecycle, providing technical expertise, to analyze, design, develop and test applications, ensuring business, technical, security, and architectural requirements are met.
What You'll Do Here
- Develop application architecture designs for new or existing systems and services and lead the implementation per requirements of the business.
- Lead the implementation planning and rollout of changes, as well as partner with Tech Leads, QA, BA’s and other architects to ensure a successful outcome.
- Hands on performing software development and system support
- Ensures business, technical, security, and architecture requirements are met, and documentation is created and maintained.
- Leverages and builds technology knowledge to act as a subject matter expert.
- Safeguards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is always kept confidential.
- Demonstrate a strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles, and balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Strong ownership, communication and leadership skills. Ability to present and explain technical designs and business requirements to other team members.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
The Skills You'll Bring
- Minimum three years designing and implementing event-based microservice based systems in AWS across a breadth of services
- Minimum four years working with containers, serverless, and client-side applications using single page architecture
- Minimum four years performing as an Application Architect for a team comprised of on and offshore resources
- Minimum ten years development experience in Java and frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Minimum ten years’ experience with build automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Minimum ten years’ experience REST API’s
- Working in a cross-functional environment.
- You are fearless about math! Maybe you minored in math or love to solve complex, high-level math problems.
It is helpful, but not required to have
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work and take initiative.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent related experience.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!