Industrial Engineer I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Industrial Engineer will provide entry-level professional support for the analysis, management, and implementation of all phases of the mechanical, image/data systems, manufacturing management systems or process engineering program for a Shutterfly line of business.
What You'll Do Here:
- Typically handles less complex tasks associated with the mechanical, image/data systems or process engineering function, including routine support for implementing seasonal program changes
- Assists in developing recommendations, designing, modifying, and implementing methods and procedures for production process control and improvement
- Establishes standard work and guidelines according to corporate directives
- Assists with testing, training, and inspection
- May assist in developing design changes for equipment and plant facility layouts, workflow, process improvement and safety precautions, with guidance from a more senior engineer, or engineering manager
- Communicates mechanical, image/data systems or process engineering ideas, recommendations, and evaluations
- Continuously gain knowledge of the Manufacturing network and leverage to bring new innovative, cost effective ideas to the broader organization.
- Provide technical support to our manufacturing facilities
- Develop and modifies engineering documents (requirements, specifications, standards, drawings, etc.) to communicate the technical requirements of machinery and processes.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned
The Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 0 to 2 years in mechanical, image/data systems or process engineering
- Ability to gather and document production requirements
- Ability to prioritize, delegate, track and coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver against aggressive schedule pressures
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and prioritization ability
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills