Industrial Engineer II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will work to develop, implement, monitor and maintain efficient manufacturing processes and workflow.
What You'll Do Here:
- Focused on optimizing workflows for new & existing gifting, home décor & photo book processes.
- Modeling, creating workflows, investigating improvements, establishing labor costs and other directly related process metrics that may be required
- Develop work instructions, STW docs with technical writers, and other process documentation as needed, and ensure they are followed
- Draft test plans, test matrix’s and final test check lists. Quantify and communicate test results
- Implement Lean principles within process improvement recommendations
- Improve existing operations by increasing quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings
- Establish KPI’s and verify systems are operating to designed KPIs
- Improves manufacturing efficiencies by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Prepares workflow documentation by supporting swim lane drafts, spaghetti charts or other associated workflow documentation such as FMEA
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Train and monitors staff on new development processes
- Establish a training and quality culture
- Work with cross functional teams to provide information needed for new process, new feature requirements for manufacturing platform systems, making recommendations to new processes and workflows or address existing roadblocks
- Investigate recommendations for process improvements
- Work with manufacturing teams during implementation and process handoff
- Assist in performing time studies of operations used for establishing throughput and cost (COG).
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelors of Science degree, Industrial Engineering (BSIE) or Associate in Applied Science degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial with extension of 2-year Systems Engineering, or equivalent, from a four-year College or technical school.
- At least 5 years related experience and/or training in the photographic, printing, gifting, or imaging field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with project management, six sigma, lean manufacturing and change