Product Specialist II (Product Owner)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
What You'll Do Here:
- Ability to continuously manage and groom feature/product backlogs with the goal of prioritizing the most important work. This requires collaboration across the organization to populate the backlog, understand what is feasible from an engineering perspective, and provide adequate information to help inform execution planning. Key expectations of backlog grooming include the ability to generate a business case estimate benefit/value, understand strategic alignment and work closely with the project management organization to estimate effort.
- Drive upstream project deliverables associated with a given project including business cases, project proposals, user requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- During execution, it is expected that you effectively identify and resolve risks, tradeoffs and obstacles, and understand when to engage leadership teams for support.
- Challenge the organization to be quality focused by leveraging data to help drive decisions, having a mindset focused on continuous process improvement and helping to guide test plans to ensure end-to-end, robust coverage.
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Minimum-Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Preferred-Master’s degree focused on business, computer science, information management or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of product management experience or work in development field with demonstrated knowledge of product management activities
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to manage product backlogs
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge working with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket
- Experience working with agile scrum teams to bring new features to market
- Analytical and problem solving experience with large scale systems
- Drive results across highly complex, matrixed teams and systems
- Excellent communication skills (visual, verbal, written) that are clear and to the point
- Strong partnership and collaboration skills – you appreciate the importance of bringing others along on the journey
- Experience managing teams through change