Sr. Business Analyst II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Incumbent must be located close to one of our Manufacturing sites in Shakopee, MN., Fort Mill, SC., or Plano Tx.
The Business Analyst position is part of the Manufacturing Control and Optimization team within Shutterfly Manufacturing. This team member will play a key role in the execution of high priority initiatives across our Manufacturing facilities, as prioritized by MCO and the business, with a strong focus on optimizing our product placement within the network. In this role, the teammate will partner with several business functions, including Manufacturing teams, Operations Analytics, FP&A, Shutterfly Business Solutions, and Process Innovation as well as with leaders across key functional areas to deliver optimal/best in class solutions to complex business problems.
As a Business Analyst, you will support identifying ways to improve our data projection within Manufacturing to illustrate cost and capacity impact to product introduction, relocation, and continually investigate our most optimal placement across our facilities. As part of the Manufacturing Control and Optimization team, you’ll become an expert in translating our manufacturing processes into functional reporting that will assist the organization in building and maintaining product level costing, as well as labor forecasting for the manufacturing departments. This position will lead or participate in the design, configuration, and support of applications directly related to product sourcing and capacity planning. Core activities will include gathering and defining requirements, configuration of standard applications, and designing and monitoring models to drive toward optimization goals. This position includes all functions of product cost analysis, model design, documentation, and monitoring of product placement strategy across our facilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in collecting and organizing data, with knowledge of manufacturing and planning processes
- Experience working with data sets to answer business questions.
- Advance Excel user experience (data tables, formulas, pivot tables, graphs)
- Ability to work with all levels while establishing and maintaining lines of communication
- Be self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data.
- Excellent problem solving and business analysis skills with the ability to identify ways to address a complicated problem at various levels of depth.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
- 5+ years’ experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, Looker, SQL
- Provide leadership in how we gather, structure, and present impact of our key operational data.
- Designs financial product cost modeling per company optimization projects.
- Define and implement metrics to provide insight into fulfillment and labor costs through optimization projects.
- Support our cross-functional Manufacturing teams through understanding and using our key business metrics through systems utilized for labor, capacity, and costing reporting.
- Function as the subject matter expert in costing projections and pricing proposal development, with deep understanding of the cost estimating models and knowledge in development of machine, and labor rates
- Ability to define current state, required future state and related gaps to optimization projects led by the MCO team.
- Ability to solve complex business problems by analyzing the front to back processes, technologies and collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively execute and/or participate on multiple projects simultaneously.