At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is seeking a talented and driven Merchant who has a passion for product & design development, is an excellent team player, and who has a history of success. The role will support the strategic direction and merchandise assortment for the gifts and décor categories for the Shutterfly brand. The right person will work collaboratively with multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the product & design assortment can deliver on category revenue targets and company strategic objectives.
What you’ll do here:
- Own product development cycle from initial concept through all phases of development – managing to product launch plan & key deadlines
- Lead design strategy & curation with clear and insightful design briefs based in sales and trend analysis
- Close collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams to drive all aspects of product & design strategy for customers - including Sourcing, OPS, Ecomm, Marketing, Creative, Design, Product, and Business Operations
- Own in-season sales analysis to react to trends, and post-season hindsight analysis in order to identify opportunities and inform future strategies to optimize revenue
- Proactively identify opportunities in product assortment for growth /decline by category based on market trends, competitive landscape, and historical performance
- Manage all day-to-day execution of merchandising tasks & strategies with support of Assistant Merchant
- Partner closely with all merchants on the team to drive overall portfolio strategy, drive process improvements, and support business objectives
The skill’s you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 4-5 years in merchandising/buying/product development
- Understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them
- Keen eye for product & design – including previous experience collaborating with a design team
- Team player who is able to thrive in a highly cross-functional environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with emphasis in Excel required
- BA/BS degree in merchandising or related fields preferred
It’s helpful, but no required:
- Experience related to Home Décor and Photo Gifts/Accessories preferred
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!