Area Sales Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Lead all sales activities in all product lines resulting in annual growth and account retention that meet or exceed sales plans in assigned area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs all sales activities in the area by assigning sales targets and goals. Ensures adequate sales coverage so that all existing and new customers receive a consistent, positive message from Lifetouch.
• Partners closely with Territory Managers and Lead Photographers/Managers to ensure entire area is aligned in all processes and procedures, identifying opportunities to strengthen performance and ensure strong execution of picture days.
• Leads, role models and consistently executes the Sales Disciplines.
• Advances an extensive CRM database to further sales goals and customer relations.
• Utilizes regular feedback to coach and manage performance expectations.
• Develops and facilitates relationships with school Superintendents, School Boards and Board members, etc. to ensure Lifetouch is best positioned for new and continued business.
• Utilizes sales data to manage area goals regarding new business and retention; identifies opportunities to strengthen sales and enforces performance improvement initiatives.
• Provides public recognition of sales successes.
• Accountable for the sales budget. and Embraces and implements company Sales and Marketing tests. Ensures sales reps are fully trained to obtain meaningful test results.
• Carries out leadership responsibilities including, but not limited to, supervising and coaching team, onboarding, training and development, establishing goals, employee relations and day-to-day performance management in partnership with Territory leadership.
• Establishes measurements to evaluate individual and team performance and employs techniques to build a teamwork required to support business needs. Conducts formal performance reviews on all sales employees.
• Represents the company at trade association meetings to promote products.
• Conducts weekly meetings to provide the sales team with updates on new and existing products, marketing programs, sales techniques, new styles, etc.
• Motivates sales team to continue producing results in accordance with the strategic plan.
• Ensures active participation of all sales reps in Company-sponsored sales blitzes, contests and initiatives. Manages reporting to Company to ensure full compliance with sales programs.
• Provides individualized sales coaching by travelling with sales professionals on a frequent basis.
• Demonstrates care and concern for the safety and health of self and others by promoting and modelling all safety rules and guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum General Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered
• 3-5 years of leadership experience including sales management and managing a sales team of 8 or more field sales reps
• Proven sales success
• Proven ability to lead and effectively manage change
• Sales methodology experience is an asset (Sandler preferred)
• Strong understanding of budgets, including Profit and Loss budgeting
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to think strategically
• Strong problem solving
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Full use of dependable, insured automobile. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with provincial law.
• Ability to travel
Application Deadline: October 20, 2021, by 4:30 pm CST