Senior Principal Architect, eCommerce Platform
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
Reporting to the Head of Architecture, the Domain Architect plays an integral role in supporting the effort to build the company's multi-year eCommerce technology strategy, roadmap, and processes. As a recognized authority of large scale platforms, the Platform Core Services Architect strategically advises on and drives the re-platforming strategy that underpins all business solutions, works with peer architects to create the architecture for this platform, and leads the realization of the architecture roadmap into the target state. Deep subject matter knowledge of eCommerce, and technical prowess of cloud architecture is essential.
In this role, the Architect:
- Has a holistic understanding of the Shutterfly ecommerce technology landscape
- Has broad-based background in the online ecommerce technical domain
- Understands ecommerce technologies across various brands and business units in the enterprise
- Understands the business capabilities that comprise the Shutterfly ecommerce domain
- Understands the relationships between ecommerce technologies and dependent technologies in the broader enterprise
- Owns the technology strategy for Core Platform Services
- Establishes short- and long-term ecommerce technology roadmaps
- Understands core requirements across enterprise applications and architects scalable foundational technical components
- Understands and adapts ecommerce technology roadmaps based on changing business needs
- Socializes ecommerce technology standards and landscapes that include current-state technology overviews as well as enterprise- and ecommerce-specific constraints, standards and guidelines
- Is involved with strategic planning as necessary for Shutterfly ecommerce
- Understands emerging technologies in modern ecommerce
- Provides guidance to initiative-delivery stakeholders, including technology planning, decision-making and reconciliation with business strategy
- Works closely with initiative-delivery teams to provide oversight of ecommerce solution designs
- Has authority over ecommerce technology choices and design decisions
- Empowers more effective problem-solving with initiative-delivery teams through guidance and mentoring
- Provides technology options to decision-makers, including economics
- Oversees focus on strategic direction as changes emerge through initiative delivery
- Curates architectural artifacts associated with ecommerce initiative delivery
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years working experience within the IT industry
- 10+ years’ experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis, and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 10+ years excellent design and architecture skills and proven track record delivering well-designed complex enterprise-class systems.
- 10+ years’ experience architecting and developing n-tier applications using multiple programming languages and paradigms
- 7+ years’ Experience implementing solutions in an architecture capacity, especially in Core Platform Services Architecture.
Additional Responsibilities and Skills:
- Architect and design of core platform services that can be used across eCommerce solutions (Cloud, APIs, micro-services, omni-channel, etc.) and integration to other solutions.
- Very good understanding of various Architecture and Design Patterns such as Domain Driven, MACH, SOLID etc.
- Hands on development skills in various languages such as Java, NodeJs, Python etc.
- Comfortable with code reviews.
- Commercial and business understanding of the broader eCommerce and retail services industry.
- Architecture frameworks and development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Very good understanding of ecommerce data and analytics, personalization, content management, machine learning, payment platforms, supply chain and fulfillment automation, search engine optimization integration, omni-channel ecommerce technologies
- Modeling business capabilities in conceptual frameworks.
- Managing the complexity of the interconnectedness to other business domains, systems, dependencies, etc.
- Strategic skills including development of maturity models and options assessments
- Must be comfortable communicating with a wide array of stakeholder groups, skills as a mentor/educator.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The compensation package for this role is based on multiple factors, such as job level, responsibilities, location, and candidate experience. The base pay ranges included below are specific to the locations listed, and may not be applicable to other locations.
Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island: [$158,900-206,650]
Colorado and Washington: [$158,900-191,100]
This position may be eligible for a bonus incentive, health benefits, a 401K program, and other employee perks. More details about our company benefits can be found at https://shutterflyinc.com/benefits/
This position will accept applications on an ongoing basis until filled.