Sr. Merchandising Specialist I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly Inc. is looking for a Senior Merchandising Specialist I to add to our Merchandising Team. We are looking for the right person to jump in to the business, develop merchandising strategies and assortments, and drive collection development.
This person must be a self-starter, have a passion for design and overall product aesthetic and development. Strong analytical skills balanced with a great design eye are essential. Candidates with experience in merchandising/category management/buying at a consumer online company with a design background specific to stationery and gifting are strongly preferred.
The Senior Merchandising Specialist I is responsible for creating the merchandising assortment strategy as it relates to their occasions, art direct and develop new collections, and drive the day-to-day execution of all merchandising projects within their occasions. The Senior Merchandise Specialist I will partner effectively with Product, Engineering, UX, Design, Marketing, Ecommerce, Content, and Creative teams. The position reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Merchandising – C&S.
- Develop and execute Occasion strategies that ladder up to the overall Merchandising assortment strategies.
- Understand the Shutterfly customer motivations. Proactively identify opportunities in the assortment for growth /decline by category based on market trends, the competitive landscape, and historical performance. Incorporate insights into the design strategy and assortment.
- Develop Occasion Merchandising Briefs and trend boards to Designers that support Merchandising Strategies and Assortment Plans
- Partner with Internal and External Designers to develop and art direct designs & collections that are on-brand and drive revenue
- Present occasion and product learnings in all product and financial meetings
- Own the production launch calendar and all roadmap projects for selected occasions
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with at least 2 years of experience as a Merchandising Manager (ecommerce/retail strongly preferred)
- Strong creative and design POV and ability to translate trends into revenue-driving assortments
- Quantitative skills balanced with qualitative is essential-comfort with both numbers and design
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements and how to impact them
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; team oriented
- Self-starter and highly motivated, capable of balancing multiple priorities
- Experience of working with design teams strongly preferred
- Broad based business acumen with the ability to partner, collaborate and negotiate with senior-level business partners
- Highly developed PC/MAC skills; advanced proficiency with Excel, Adobe Creative Suite.
- BA/BS degree in merchandising, graphic design, fashion design or related fields
Shutterfly is committed to a “hybrid” work model with a balance between remote work and in-person collaboration. As such, you should be located proximate to our primary office: Minneapolis MN,
Committed to making all of life’s experiences unforgettable, today Shutterfly is a leading digital retailer and manufacturing platform for photography and personalized products, with ambition to become the world’s leading marketplace of design-centric, personalized products that foster one’s self-expression.
At Shutterfly, we value people who:
- Own it, by delivering on their commitments and take responsibility to go above and beyond any defined role;
- Zoom out, to see the big picture and don’t let silo’s get in the way of the success of our customers, communities or company;
- Move fearlessly, and quickly without sacrificing quality in seizing opportunities and tackling challenges;
- Explore new angles, through hunger and curiosity, welcoming change, seeking improvement, learning equally from success and failure;
- Embrace differences, foster an environment where all voices are heard, ensuring others feel respected, supported and appreciated.
Shutterfly operates three divisions: Consumer, Lifetouch, and Shutterfly Business Solutions. The Consumer division helps customers create the most from life’s moments through its flagship personalized Shutterfly products; premium offerings in its Tiny Prints boutique; Snapfish custom photo gifts, as well as wedding invitations and stationery; and GrooveBook, a monthly subscription service. Lifetouch is the national leader in school photography, built on the enduring tradition of “Picture Day,” and also serves families through portrait studios and other partnerships. Shutterfly Business Solutions delivers enterprise digital printing services that enable efficient and effective customer engagement through personalized communications.