Business Development Representative
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day”, Lifetouch has captured the unique personalities of children and families for more than 85 years.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Establishes new accounts in the assigned area by calling on and visiting all prospective customers and introducing new photography products and services to achieve sales goals.
- Promotes Lifetouch product lines to school principals, parent organizations, administrators and other decision-makers. Ensures new customers receive a consistent positive message from and about Lifetouch.
- Always manages Area business within the Company’s customer relationship management system (i.e. Salesforce) in accordance with established procedures (includes documenting all sales activities, managing opportunity stages and consistently cleaning account data).
- Analyzes assigned sales area to keep manager informed, on a regular basis, of progress toward and challenges in, achieving individual and team sales, as well as develops plans that enable the achievement of sales goals.
- Completes accurate sales contracts in Salesforce in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Maintains and updates current Lifetouch product knowledge including related services, contracts, pricing guidelines, and sales materials.
- Always participates in ongoing sales training (Sandler and other content) as provided and required by the Company; consistently implements the Sandler Sales techniques in accordance with provided training and established procedures.
- Successfully transitioning accounts to the Sales Account Manager.
- Safeguard all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
- Participates in company-sponsored meetings to review sales performance, product development, sales goals, and profitability.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Three to five years of proven outside sales experience focused on new account acquisition.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) system use, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to sell, influence, and negotiate, specifically related to acquiring new business.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry), including Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently as well as balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Takes initiative.
- Full use of dependable, insured automobile. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with provincial law.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to travel.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.