Manager, Operations - Field
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
The Operations Manager manages and leads the Area operations functions, including operation functions (e.g.,
Sales Support, Production), staff and budget. In addition, this role ensures adherence to, and consistent
efficient execution of all operations process, procedures and practices to ensure efficiencies and results
against established metrics.
What You'll Do Here:
- Executes strategies and oversees Operations functions in all locations of the Area.
- Manages the Operations schedule, performance, and payroll while monitoring budgeted labor costs to ensure cost-effective production.
- Communicates with, and serves, Schools regarding Picture Day planning and preparation and oversees the Sales Support team as they frequently interact with Schools and sales staff to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Hold employees accountable by developing, displaying and updating key metrics weekly, recognizing successes and implementing performance improvement plans, as appropriate.
- Identifies gaps and provides training as needed.
- Ensures pre-Picture Day production and operations processes (Flyers, EDT, job bag assembly, etc.) are consistently and accurately performed, efficient, and accurate to enable perfect Picture Day execution by Photography.
- Partners with Area leadership team to ensure the entire area is aligned on processes and procedures, as well as identifying opportunities to strengthen area performance and implement improvement initiatives.
- Performs administrative functions (e.g., ensuring compliance, ordering supplies, approving time records) accurately by established deadlines and ensures all Operations staff meet all deadlines.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as addresses non-compliance in a timely and professional manner.
- Manages and leads a team (2 or more full-time equivalents), including providing day-to-day work direction, sharing performance feedback, giving recognition and communicating effectively.
- Monitors and evaluates individual and team performance.
- Employs techniques to build teamwork in support of business needs to drive results.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 - 5 years of business, operations or management experience.
- 3 - 5 years managing and leading direct reports.
- Demonstrated photography knowledge and experience in delivering a high-quality product and customer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as using the Google
- Demonstrated ability to set and execute operational plans.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a budget and apply financial acumen.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Ability to manage, prioritize as well as balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time