Senior Dev Ops Engineer
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers, for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.
This role is based on-site at our Ft. Mill location. Relocation assistance to Ft. Mill, SC is available.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
- Support and extend on-premise and cloud-based CI/CD pipelines supporting the ongoing development, support, and full lifecycle management of the AWS hosted applications
- Collaborate closely and embed with various teams to drive DevOps best practices and support Agile, iterative development for Shutterfly and Lifetouch platforms
- Implement and support necessary tools, infrastructure, and systems as needed to support both Shutterfly and Lifetouch on-premises systems as well as cloud platforms
- Ensure uptime and performance of production servers on-premises and in the cloud
- Build and maintain large scale Windows/Linux/Unix infrastructure, storage and services
- Ensure best practices are followed for security, monitoring, and reporting
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Lead and be a part of capacity planning and load testing process
- Develop and maintain tools and documentation
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Provide expertise and assist on Shutterfly and Lifetouch cloud-based projects and initiatives
- 15 years of education or equivalent work experience highly preferable
- Extensive experience supporting production cloud-based environments, as well as migration of on-premises applications, with a focus on microservices and serverless technologies in AWS is required
- Extensive experience in implementing and supporting Continuous Integration/Continuous Development Pipelines utilizing Jenkins, Terraform, Artifactory, Maven, Puppet/Ansible/Salt Stack, and other tools required
- Knowledge of server virtualization (KVM) and containerization (docker) technologies required
- Able to converse in PowerShell/Perl/Python and shell (we will ask); other languages welcome
- Demonstrated ability to build automated and scalable processes using Perl and/or Python
- Open-source software deployment and customization experience required – Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, HAProxy, etc.
- Advanced kernel, system, application and/or storage performance tuning experience (we will ask)
- Collaborative individual able to work with many distributed cross-functional teams across time zones
- Flexible and creative, agile in determining solutions and paths forward as circumstances and requirements dictate
- Excellent documentation skills required
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect preferable, other certifications for cloud platforms and CI/CD tools a plus
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, utilizing tcpdump and other network analysis tools; leverages networking principles (L2/L3, STP) to solve complicated problems