Area Sales Manager - Schools (Atlanta, GA)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our high performing sales organization. The Area Sales Manager (ASM) will be key to executing sales strategy to drive the growth and shape the culture of the Lifetouch sales organization in a new model with direct reporting to sales. The ASM will execute the strategy of the transformation of the sales teams into a High Performance Sales culture by embedding the sales enablement initiatives including the launch of Salesforce and by utilizing the Sandler Consultative Sales theory.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Directs all sales activities in the area by assigning sales targets and goals to your reps. Ensures adequate sales coverage to ensure existing and new customers receive a consistent, positive message from Lifetouch.
- Partners closely with the Area Photographic Operations Manager to ensure entire territory is aligned in all processes and procedures, identifying opportunities to strengthen performance and ensure strong execution of picture days.
- Leads, role models and executes the Sales Disciplines consistently
- Utilizes regular feedback to coach and manage performance expectations
- Develop and facilitate relationships with school Superintendents, Directors of Curriculum, School Boards and Board members, etc to ensure Lifetouch is best positioned for new and continued business.
- Utilizes sales data to manage area goals regarding new business and retention. Identifies opportunities to strengthen sales and enforces performance improvement initiatives.
- Manages and is accountable for the sales portion of the budget.
- Carries out leadership responsibilities including, but not limited to, supervising and coaching team, on-boarding, training and development, establishing goals, employee relations and day-to-day performance management.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years proven success in a sales capacity with 3+ years of sales management experience, managing a team of remote outside sales professionals
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven track record of managing and effectively leading through change
- Strong problem solving skills, leadership skills and strong influencing skills
- Ability to think strategically
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
- Prior experience working in the Educational Arena
- Sales Force Experience
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!