Manager, Sales - School
At Shutterfly Inc., we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, events, and churches.
What You’ll Do As a Sales Manager:
- Assist in directing all sales activities in the area by assigning sales targets and goals to your reps.
- Ensures adequate sales coverage to ensure existing and new customers receive a consistent, positive message from Lifetouch.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations with the Area Sales Manager to develop and control territory sales programs.
- Coordinates sales coverage by establishing sales areas, quotas, and goals, and advises territory salespeople and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques.Leads, role models and executes the Sales Disciplines consistently
- Utilizes regular feedback to coach and manage performance expectations
- Coordinates meetings to provide to the sales team motivation and update them on new and existing products, marketing programs, sales techniques, new styles, etc.
- Develops and supervises sales contests to accommodate goals of company, subject to the approval of the Area Sales Manager.
- Utilizes sales data to manage area goals regarding new business and retention. Identifies opportunities to strengthen sales and enforces performance improvement initiatives.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Management or related field preferred
- 5 years of proven sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven track record of managing and effectively leading through change
- Strong problem solving skills, leadership skills and strong influencing skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
- Prior experience working in the Educational Arena
- Salesforce experience
What we offer:
- Competitive base pay plus commissions
- Exceptional culture
- Ongoing training
- 401K, health benefits and paid time off being Day 1 of employment
- Company Tablet and laptop
- Shutterfly discounts
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!