Help Desk Technician - Part Time - Seasonal
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
As a member of the Help Desk team, the Technical Support Representative fields inquiries from end users to answer questions and resolve technical issues. Acting with a sense of urgency, they provide excellent customer service to ensure expected services levels are achieved or exceeded.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs equipment (e.g., camera, props, computer) kitting/assembly and shipping support for Preschool, Schools and Studios business lines.
- Provides technical (e.g., computer, camera, lighting, proprietary software, hosted solutions, telecommunications) support to employees, logging issues accurately and escalating, as necessary.
- Uses call tracking software efficiently and accurately to document calls.
- Provides professional customer service by answering call promptly, speaking clearly, checking for understanding, offering solutions or additional assistance, and working efficiently.
- Demonstrates clear and timely communication to the end users and within the team.
- Analyzes issues to determine root cause and implements fixes to minimize operational interruption.
- Performs equipment repair or maintenance work.
- Takes initiative to resolve internal customer experience issues, in a customer-focused manner.
- Safeguards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is always kept confidential.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains documentation for user support, troubleshooting and reference.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Post-secondary education, preferred.
- IT function specialty certification (e.g., A+, Network +), preferred.
- 1-2 years in technical support function or related experience.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Ability to work a varied schedule including days, nights, holidays, and weekends, as needed, as well as a rotating on-call schedule.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry), including Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Good project management skills.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Takes initiative.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!