Business Operations Analyst
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. We are here to fulfill the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service. Rent, shoot, return - it's as easy as that!
Shutterfly is seeking a highly motivated, strategic and action-oriented Analyst to help drive fraud prevention strategy with analysis of the BorrowLenses business risks and historics. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. You will report to our Head of Analytics, and work closely with our fraud prevention teams, Marketing leadership, Operations leadership, and the General Manager. BorrowLenses operates as an independent business unit within Shutterfly. This position represents a unique opportunity for someone looking to make a significant impact as an influential analyst, within a leading ecommerce company.
This role is entrepreneurial and cross-functional in nature and will split their time between fraud prevention and supporting other general business or operations analytics tools. The candidate must be exceedingly analytical and technical, demonstrate initiative, and be able to thrive in a collaborative environment. This Analyst will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the risks of our business and our industry, to make data-driven strategy recommendations, and building reporting dashboards in our BI tool. S/he will be a member of the analytics team which will be balancing time between improving the current business, optimizing our fraud prevention strategies, and building out internal data-management reporting and analytical capacity and infrastructure. On an ongoing basis, responsibilities include monitoring and reporting on our loss rate, making recommendations to improve it, collaborating with our fraud prevention teams to identify emerging fraud trends, and supporting analysis across the business including standard reporting and conducting ad-hoc analysis.
What You'll Do Here:
- Effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and financially viable plans.
- Build a deep understanding of the core KPIs to support this rental ecommerce business, including fraud and theft analytics, shipping optimization and costs, payback and other key revenue and profitability drivers
- Be an analytical partner to fraud prevention leadership: Frame up questions, determine and get agreement on the analytical approach, identify and summarize data, synthesize analysis into clear take-aways and deliver actionable insights.
- Support the implementation of our internal BI tool by creating dashboards, establishing KPIs, and optimizing existing reporting.
- Monitor fraud and industry trends: drive quantitative and qualitative intelligence and research in order to better understand behaviors and develop the business case for new features, initiatives, strategies and categories.
What You'll Bring:
- Great thinker on both a strategic and tactical level, who also has a strong bias to action.
- Passionately quantitative / analytical and detail oriented.
- Effective influencer to help drive key business decisions and initiatives by applying analytics and critical thinking.
- Entrepreneurial, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment. Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on cross-functional teams.
- MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of related analytical and/or strategic experience.
- SQL/database query skills required
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!