Manager Marketing Technology Engineering
The Marketing Analytics Manager role is to ensure actionable insights into the customer base are generated through deep-dive behavior analyses, campaign response analyses, and management of a self-service reporting environment, supporting the marketing strategy teams for Shutterfly Consumer Group. The role will help develop Analytics Roadmap across brands by gathering stakeholder requirements, prioritizing efforts based on capacity, developing the proper analytical methodology, identifying and locating requisite data, and presenting the results in a digestible format for those without technical backgrounds. The role will also need to respond to ad hoc / planning requests for analysis for planning purposes that will be used for understanding campaign performance for email, onsite, direct mail, and other channels as they develop; analyses should incorporate impact from multiple channels. The Marketing Analytics team is also the business owner Tableau reporting suites layered onto the marketing datamart. The ideal candidate will own this reporting universe used for self-service by the Strategy team.
- Develop and drive the Analytics Roadmap to help determine communication cadence impact on opt-outs, responses and revenue, determine impact of discount pricing on consumer behavior, and other large-scale, large-data needs as relevant
- Analyze customer behavior to develop campaign circulation strategy
- Perform customer segmentation analysis; recommend targeting approaches to improve marketing performance
- Provide actionable insights and strategy using a range of analytical/statistical techniques from descriptive analysis to predictive/explanatory models
- Design and implement tests and analytics to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Help consult/support on CRM data warehouse projects related to analysis
- Analyze campaign performance and develop standard reports to share with cross-functional teams
- Understand sources of customer information and partner with Engineering and Data warehouse teams to ensure data accuracy
- Manage the reporting universe used to create reports for the marketing users and update as needed
- Understanding client needs through ongoing communication and managing projects to completion on time
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Business, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, etc.) required. Masters Degree is a plus
- 5+ years of progressively responsible strategy and analytics experience
- Ability to mine extensive/complex/disparate data sources and drive actionable and relevant insights through the use of appropriate analytical method(s) – including but not limited to: descriptive analysis, predictive models, segmentation (decision trees, regression models), etc
- SQL and Advanced Excel experience required
- Experience with advanced analytics software like SAS, SPSS,R is required
- Experience in database and direct marketing preferred
- Experience with data mining and query tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, Business Objects, is a plus.
- Familiarity with online analytics tools such as Omniture or CoreMetrics
- Ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Exceptional problem-solving and analysis skills combined with the ability to communicate findings to all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage and operate both at the conceptual, strategic level as well as the more granular level. Accuracy is very important requiring great attention to detail.