At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly Learning Coordinator
The Learning Coordinator works with Operations Managers, Production Managers, Shift Managers, Leads and Associates, to design, develop and execute strategies for all training related activities for the Shutterfly verticals, supporting all Shutterfly manufacturing sites. The individuals in this position will provide high-level program facilitation, identification of operation training needs and opportunities, and administrative management of said programs.
The Learning Coordinator report through the Quality organization. You will work with the technical writers to ensure that training materials are easily digested by shop floor associates and translated as needed to ensure training is effective.
Overall responsibilities will include the following functions:
• Determine focused training related needs for the operational equipment based on the vertical.
• Develop strategic training initiatives to adequately prepare both full-time Shutterfly and Temporary personnel specific to skills required for various operational equipment and associated tasks, such as - but not limited to - quality inspections at the source, pre-flight checklists, etc.
• Coordinates with site leadership to ensure that training programs are delivered and personnel are qualified to perform the operations they are trained for.
• Owns tracking and providing post training debriefs of operational effectiveness to the Quality department and site operations teams.
• Drives the execution of all learning related audits and supports any operational audit initiatives.
• Tracks performance and supports any identified retraining opportunities.
• Supports Area Readiness/Standard work programs for the site
• Develops and tracks effectiveness of training programs. Monitor adherence to the established training programs to ensure standard work in the training programs.
• Seeks ongoing skill development (i.e., conducting skill classes, cross-training, etc.).
• Documents feedback and audit results to help the learning department identify strengths as well as area of improvement.
• Assesses development needs for individuals and groups.
• Understands workflow and daily production goals.
• Solves problems, reacts quickly and productively, and serves as a resource for specific problems and undertakes the appropriate steps to resolve.
• Prioritizes multiple tasks.
• Maintains a positive attitude and presence on the floor; and
• Facilitate and present to groups of up to 50 people in a class as part of new hire orientation.
• A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
• Experience delivering training/information to peers, hourly associates, and senior management, both individually and in groups, in person and remotely across multiple formats.
• Experience delivering messages related to performance
• Ability to give and receive feedback effectively
• Evidence of ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight deadlines
• Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
• Desire to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment • Previous Kaizen/Continuous Improvement experience
• Willingness to work different shifts and travel to support other sites
• Facilitation skills – teaching, presenting, training
• Understanding of manufacturing processes and flow
• Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office Suite